Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by To...@arcor.net on 2008/06/02 14:09:48 UTC

ivy:publish / ssh

Hi there,

I'm not an Ivy nor ssh expert, so forgive me if this a dumb request.

Currently I'm not able to use ivy:publish in conjunction with ssh on our
server (=> Auth fail). As far as I understood it, it has someting to do
with the way the password is handled over and that password authentication
is not enabled on the server.

I digged a bit in the code, also experimented  with ant's scp and found
out that if I slightly modify the  Code of CfUserInfo in SshCache.java in
a way that it implements also the UIKeyboardInteractive of JSch it works
for me.

    private static class CfUserInfo implements UserInfo,
UIKeyboardInteractive {

                public String[] promptKeyboardInteractive(String
destination,
                                String name, String instruction, String[]
prompt, boolean[] echo) {
                        return new String[] { getPassword() };
                }

I know that this is not the intended way but in the moment the best I have
as I do not have the ssh server under control.

Is it possible to have this change permanently or even better, is there
some way of configuring this, which I have overseen?

Thanks -- Tobias