Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> on 2014/06/16 12:48:25 UTC

Re: javascript reference header item with async attribute

Hi,

I don't like the number of constructors we have in the different impls of
CssHeaderItem and JavaScriptHeaderItem.
Recently I needed to set markup id to a CssHeaderItem to be able to replace
it with Ajax so I've added a new method [1] to CssHeaderItem: setId(String)
[2] that uses Fluent API pattern, i.e. returns "this".
Usage:  render(CssHeaderItem.forXyz(...).setId("someId"));

"async" is a new attribute added with HTML5 and is different than "defer"
I think we can do the same and add it without changing the current APIs,
i.e. adding more constructors/methods.
The usage would be: render(CssHeaderItem.forXyz(...).setAsync(true));

If you like the idea then please open a ticket at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5617
2.
https://github.com/apache/wicket/blob/master/wicket-core/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/markup/head/CssHeaderItem.java#L80