Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Randolph Kahle <ra...@variantia.net> on 2004/10/16 04:05:06 UTC

PageRenderListener on a component

If I create a component, declare a <property-specification> and have
the component implement PageRenderListener. Will Tapestry automatically
register the component so that it will get page events?

I am trying to set the value of the component's property in the
pageBeginRender method.

Regards,

Randy

Re: PageRenderListener on a component

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Oct 16, 2004, at 6:11 AM, Randolph Kahle wrote:
> The book "Tapestry in Action" is very valuable, especially all of the
> UML diagram illustrating the event ordering.

The more I use Tapestry, the more useful Howard's sequence diagrams
have been for me.  It is nice to find a book that has something to
offer even developers experienced in the topic technology.

> Are there other resources that I should use to master Tapestry?

There are a number of tutorials that folks have posted, including
Warner's.  The wiki is a great source of pointers.  <marketing>The No
Fluff Just Stuff symposiums!</marketing>.  This e-mail list is actually
the best place to be, as pointers to all things Tapestry come across
here, as well as a great support network.

	Erik

Re: PageRenderListener on a component

Posted by Randolph Kahle <ra...@variantia.net>.
After some experimentation, I was able to get this to work.

I am new to Tapestry and I find it interesting that there is a
significant amount of automatic/implicit behavior.