Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Sha Liu <li...@hotmail.com> on 2013/07/31 05:25:36 UTC

Multiple Insert with Where Clauses

Hi Hive Gurus,
When using the Hive extension of multiple inserts, can we add Where clauses for each Select statement, like the following?
FROM ...INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE ...    SELECT col1, col2, col3    WHERE col4='abc'INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE ...    SELECT col1, col4, col2    WHERE col3='xyz'
The underlined parts didn't cause any errors, but they didn't seem to be effective either (I'm using Hive 0.9). Note that the columns used in the Where clauses are not among the selected ones, but I'm not sure if that is important. Is this kind of operations supported?
Thanks,Sha Liu

Re: Multiple Insert with Where Clauses

Posted by Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com>.
FWIW.  I'm using hive v0.10 and the where clause is honored from the tests
i ran.

Posted by Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com>.
wow. good find Sha.

"hive -h " option bypasses ROLES and access permissions ?

Posted by Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com>.
Hi

Hive version 0.9.0 (hive-common-0.9.0-cdh4.1.2.jar)

<property>
  <name>hive.security.authorization.enabled</name>
  <value>true</value>
  <description>enable or disable the hive client authorization</description>
</property>

Linux User = hiveuser1 (no hive permissions)

CASE 1
hive -e "select * from outpdir_ptitle_explanation_parsed limit 10"
Authorization failed:No privilege 'Select' found for inputs { database:default, table:outpdir_ptitle_explanation_parsed, columnName:header_servername}. Use show grant to get more details.

CASE 2 (use the -h option)
hive -h localhost -e "select * from outpdir_ptitle_explanation_parsed limit 10"
Shows results !!!

Why does "-h" option bypass authorization

Thanks

sanjay

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
======================
This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
======================

Is there a way to disable -h option ?

Posted by Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com>.
Hive version 0.9.0 (hive-common-0.9.0-cdh4.1.2.jar)

Is there a way to disable  -h <hostname> option ?

This way , I can disable anyone on the network drop/alter tables.

Like I said below , even if I create a ROLE with only SELECT permission , a user on the network can DROP tables with a -h <hostname> option

Thanks

Sanjay

Hive Authorization is bypassed with -h option

Posted by Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sha Liu <li...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Brad Ruderman <br...@radiumone.com>.

Posted by Brad Ruderman <br...@radiumone.com>.