Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Govind Menon <go...@apache.org> on 2020/06/18 18:18:14 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Storm 2.2.0 (RC2)

This is a call to vote on releasing Apache Storm 2.2.0 (As a personal note
I would like to thank P. Taylor Goetz and Ethan Li for all the
documentation they have set up to make releasing easier)

Full list of changes in this release:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/storm/apache-storm-2.2.0-rc2/RELEASE_NOTES.html

The tag/commit to be voted upon is v2.2.0:

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=commit;h=de1f107e58bfe61aa43ae87e26f657f76e004a19

The source archive being voted upon can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/storm/apache-storm-2.2.0-rc2/apache-storm-2.2.0-src.tar.gz

Other release files, signatures and digests can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/storm/apache-storm-2.2.0-rc2/

The release artifacts are signed with the following key:

https://www.apache.org/dist/storm/KEYS

The Nexus staging repository for this release is:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestorm-1095

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Storm 2.2.0.

When voting, please list the actions taken to verify the release.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Storm 2.2.0
[ ]  0 No opinion

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Storm 2.2.0 (RC2)

Posted by Govind Menon <go...@gmail.com>.
I am closing the vote with 3 binding +1s and zero 0/-1 votes.

The binding votes are as follows-

   1. Aaron Gresch
   2. Ethan Li
   3. Kishorkumar Patil

I will complete the rest of the 2.2.0 release shortly.

Thank you everyone for participating and your valuable feedback.

Posted by Kishorkumar Patil <ki...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Kishorkumar Patil <kp...@verizonmedia.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Govind Menon <go...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ethan!

Posted by Ethan Li <et...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Govind. Just noticed that the commit should be
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=commit;h=bf1986345de5de605abb4fc7b6051fce762bbca5 <https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=commit;h=bf1986345de5de605abb4fc7b6051fce762bbca5>

Posted by Ethan Li <et...@gmail.com>.
+1

1. Verified  *.asc, *.sha512 files
2. Built Apache Storm source code and ran unit tests and integration tests, created an Apache Storm distribution;
3. Set up a standalone cluster using apache-storm-2.2.0.zip, apache-storm-2.2.0.tar.gz, the Apache Storm distribution created from step 2, separately;
4. Launched WordCountTopology and check logs, UI metrics, etc;
5. Tested basic UI functionalities including jstack, heap dump, restart worker, deactivate, activate, rebalance, change log level, log search, kill topology, eventLogger debug;
6. Tested basic CLI including kill, list, deactivate, deactivate, rebalance.

All worked without issues.

Thanks

- Ethan

Posted by Aaron Gresch <ag...@gmail.com>.