Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Andrew van Renen <av...@hotmail.com> on 2002/08/16 12:58:16 UTC

how to ignore errors

How do I tell Ant to ignore any errors caused by running a particular
function?

For instance, before pulling new code down from Sourcesafe, I want to zip up
the target directory and then clear it out.  But Ant dies if the target
directory does not exist when I try to zip it up.  Is there a standard
mechanism for bypassing errors?

I am new to Ant, so excuse me if this a basic thing that I have missed.  By
the way, at what point does Ant qualify as a scripting language in its own
right?