Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by NIVET Rémi <re...@atosorigin.com> on 2002/02/28 09:55:35 UTC

RE: org.apache.catalina.logger.SystemOutLogger

Hi all

I think I've got the answer to your question.

The fact is that you've got three different loggers : FileLogger,
SystemErrLogger and SystemOutLogger. If you read carefully the doc,
you'll see that you can't specify any file name for the Systeme's
loggers. So if you specify a FileLogger for a <host>, all logs will be
redirected to the file you defined for this logger but if you specify a
SystemLogger all logs will be redirected to the standard error/out
stream.

Hope this help,

Rémi.