Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Brent L Johnson <br...@bjohnson.net> on 2000/12/04 20:09:02 UTC

Xerces with Tomcat3.2 ?

After searching through the mailing list archives for Tomcat it seems as
though it requires Sun's JAXP compiler.  This, of course, is a problem
for the Xerces user.  If I simply replace the JAXP parse with Xerces I
get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError:
com.sun.xml.parser.SAXParserFactoryImpl

Is there a similar, backward compatible object in Xerces that functions
the same as the com.sun.xml.parser.SAXParserFactoryImpl?  Has anyone
successfully used Xerces with the latest beta8 version of Tomcat?  You'd
think the Apache group would use their own parser wouldnt you???

- Brent

Re: Xerces with Tomcat3.2 ?

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.

Brent L Johnson wrote:

> After searching through the mailing list archives for Tomcat it seems as
> though it requires Sun's JAXP compiler.  This, of course, is a problem
> for the Xerces user.  If I simply replace the JAXP parse with Xerces I
> get the following error:
>
> Exception in thread "main" javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError:
> com.sun.xml.parser.SAXParserFactoryImpl
>
> Is there a similar, backward compatible object in Xerces that functions
> the same as the com.sun.xml.parser.SAXParserFactoryImpl?  Has anyone
> successfully used Xerces with the latest beta8 version of Tomcat?

Yes, I just yanked out jaxp.jar and parser.jar from the bin directory
and replaced them with the latest xerces.jar. It started up fine.

> You'd
> think the Apache group would use their own parser wouldnt you???

I think its a proof of concept to use Sun's parser...

Re: Xerces with Tomcat3.2 ?

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
remove the parser.jar as well....