Posted to user@hawq.apache.org by Guo Kai <gu...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/20 05:02:47 UTC

Motion cost on same node and different nodes

Hi all,

A motion operation involves moving tuples between the segments during query
processing. To be precise, move tuples between QEs.

I notice, there is only one way to send tuples when executing motion
operation, by means of TCP or UDP(In the code, the function is
transportStates->SendChunkTCP or SendChunkUDP).

My question is whether the transmission cost between QEs on same node is
the same with that between QEs on different nodes.

Thanks for any advice! :)

--
Guo Kai,
guokaiwhu@gmail.com