Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org> on 2005/12/16 17:59:53 UTC

proposal : lets do an RC for a week or so before leaping to the 1.0 ? [Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)]

subject line says it all.  We also need to figure out what to do
about the press release...

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: proposal : lets do an RC for a week or so before leaping to the 1.0 ? [Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)]

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On Dec 16, 2005, at 2:05 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> Geir,
>
> We need to fix the outstanding issues so here is no argument
> there.  I talked to Jencks this morning and it looks like there is
> an issue with dependencies not working correctly.
>
> the DayTrader issues are not in the application but rather in that
> the web app appears to be initializing before the EJB container is
> initialized and is causing the object not found exeception.  This
> needs to be fixed.  Dave and I are chasing this down today.

Great on both - I had no doubt this would be the case.  What do you
think we should do as a release plan?

> Regarding the press release we've updated the Geronimo web site to
> let folks know that it really isn't out yet.  For the time being I
> see that as being covered although I'm interested in how to do the
> release when its actually ready.  It was unfortunate that the
> release went out when we were clearly not ready.  Thoughts on how
> to address that issue?

Yes.

geir

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.