Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org> on 2018/09/19 21:29:16 UTC

Adding new dependencies

Please be extra careful when adding new dependencies. Our build is setup to
allow transitive dependencies, so reviews should include looking at the
tree of transitive dependencies that a new dependency pulls into Geode.

I think it would also be a good idea to create a little extra noise on the
dev-list about the new dependency before you file a PR that adds it.

Maybe, explain what the dependency is, how it'll be used, whether or not
it's part of the distro, what transitive dependencies it might pull in, etc.

Thanks,
Kirk

Re: Adding new dependencies

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
+1 Adding dependencies that are bundled in a release (source or binary) need to be reviewed for LICENSE compatibility as well.

Anthony