Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Axel Weiß <aw...@informatik.hu-berlin.de> on 2005/05/17 21:06:33 UTC

Re: build problem

Petteri Heinonen (TU/LMF) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got some errors while building Xerces 2.6.0 with Solaris ang g++ v.
> 2.9. Used command: runConfigure -p solaris -x g++
> gmake
>
> Here is the end of error message:
>
> .../xerces-c-src_2_6_0/include/xercesc/util/ValueHashTableOf.c:208:
> Internal compiler error.
> .../xerces-c-src_2_6_0/include/xercesc/util/ValueHashTableOf.c:208:
> Please submit a Problem Report to Cygnus Solutions with send-pr.
> make[1]: *** [EncodingValidator.o] Error 1
> make: *** [Util] Error 2
>
> Should I update my compiler? Is there something wrong with my build?
> How to solve this?

Hi Petteri,

could you please restart compilation after a few minutes and verify my
suggestion? In a second compilation run, you either get no errors at
all, or you get an internal compiler error at a different source
location. (If the literally same error message occurs, you probably
should try a different compiler, though.)

The reason for this is a hardware problem due to the heavy load, e.g.
high processor temperature. During the past few years, when I observed
internal compiler errors during compilation of huge projects, the best
solution was to shut down the engine and clean all cooling elements, or
replace them, respectively.

Regards,
			Axel

--