Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Ca...@gebit.de on 2013/02/15 21:16:53 UTC

problem resolving dependencies

Hi,

I'm trying to use the artifact "richfaces-core-api" from maven-central
(see search.maven.org), but I cannot resolve the transitive dependency
google-guava
because of a missing version for it. The version is defined through a
parent-pom chain and a dependency to another artifact (richfaces-bom).
This scenarion appears to be supported by Maven, but apprently not by Ivy.
So I'm asking whether this is something that should be fixed in Ivy or
simply
an unsupported thing.

The chain from richfaces-core-api looks like this (warning, ascii non-art
ahead):

richfaces-parent  -> dependency to richfaces-bom, which defines
version.google-guava and has a -> dependency to google-guava with that
version
        ^ parent
richfaces-root-parent
        ^ parent
 richfaces-core-parent
        ^ (parent)
richfaces-core-api -> dependency to google-guava, but without version,
default scope

So, do you think it is a bug in the richfaces-core-api pom that it lacks
the version for google-guava, or is that a valid scenario to derive the
version
in such a complicated way?

Thanks,
Carsten