Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by ann patil <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2000/09/20 19:42:34 UTC

Problem: Calling Servlet From Servlet

Can anybody please help me!!!

I have written a servlet which after checking certain condition needs
to call/invoke another servlet.I have used :

RequestDispatcher rd = getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher"/ABC");
rd.forward(req, res);
Where 'ABC' is the second servlet.

When executed in the browser the first servlet is displayed but gives
'Page not found' error at the time of invoking second servlet.

1) I am using JDK 1.2 and Tomcat 1.3.
2) I have placed both the servlets in the same directory.
3) Have included the servlet name and class file name in
'WEB-INF/classes/web.xml.

Is there any thing that I am missing.

Please reply.

Thanks

Ann.

http://profiles.msn.com.

RE: Problem: Calling Servlet From Servlet

Posted by James Cook <ji...@iname.com>.
1. What is the URL you are using to launch first servlet?

2. If you access the ABC servlet, using a URL local to the first servlet's
address, does the ABC servlet load? I'm talking about typing the URL for the
ABC servlet directly in the browser.

jim