Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by Dylan Werner-Meier <dy...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/17 17:18:21 UTC

Re: Becoming involved

Hello David,

Thanks for your warm welcome, and sorry for the delay. I find this project
fascinating and I hope I will be able to contribute to the project from my
experience as a software and devops engineer.

It is my first time using a mailing list, and I am not quite used to it yet
; however once scrolling through the archive I see it is still very active,
and was reassured to see people still working on Rya !

For the list of things I am interested in, well, at lot:

   - I find it a bit difficult to use and found the vagrantExample way of
   using Rya through the RDF4J Workbench quite effective. Using the maven war
   overlay plugin, I am on my way to push a MR that will provides an
   rdf4j-server and rdf4j-workbench WARs including the necessary resources to
   use Rya directly, allowing a much simpler setup to test it than the
   currently existing Vagrant VM (using the Mini Accumulo cluster, for
   example).
   - I also encountered the #RYA-457 issue (
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RYA-457 ), regarding the usage of
   owl:oneOf with literals, and I intend to push a MR that will make the
   InferenceEngine ignore owl:unionOf literals, instead of throwing a
   ClassCastException.
   - I am also looking forward the integration of the MR #315 (
   https://github.com/apache/rya/pull/315 ) for I am currently using Rya
   with Accumulo 1.9.3 (but I fear hitting a corner case sooner or later...).
   - Last but not least, I think I encountered another bug, where
   the EntityOptimizer prevented the FilterFunctionOptimizer from replacing
   the call to the fts:text function. I'm currently investigating to be able
   to reproduce the bug, and then provide a fix for it.

Best regards,
Dylan.