Posted to users@camel.apache.org by bgoetzmann <bg...@sophia.symag.com> on 2007/09/14 18:17:42 UTC

Camel and ServiceMix

Hello,

How can we compare Camel with ServiceMix?
Is Camel a sort of lightweight ESB, without JBI?

Thank you.

Bertrand.

Re: Camel and ServiceMix

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
ServiceMix 4.0 will use Camel as its routing engine.
ServiceMix 3.2 (coming soon) also have a JBI Service Engine using
camel, so that you can already use it in ServiceMix.

On 9/14/07, bgoetzmann <bg...@sophia.symag.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How can we compare Camel with ServiceMix?
> Is Camel a sort of lightweight ESB, without JBI?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Bertrand.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Camel and ServiceMix

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 9/14/07, bgoetzmann <bg...@sophia.symag.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How can we compare Camel with ServiceMix?
> Is Camel a sort of lightweight ESB, without JBI?

Yeah; Camel ocusses on being a smart routing engine among endpoints
rather than being a container of integration components etc.

I've tried to explain how Camel and ServiceMix relate on this FAQ entry...
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/how-does-camel-compare-to-servicemix.html

hopefully that explains it a bit better. Feedback always welcome!

> Thank you.

You're most welcome!

--
James