Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Doyle <jd...@us.tivoli.com> on 2001/07/21 22:27:55 UTC

Intermittent UnsatisfiedLinkError

Hello,
     We are using tomcat 3.2.1 on RedHat 6.2.  Many of our servlets use
Java native methods.
The problem we are seeing is that our system runs OK for a while, then for
some unknown reason
we get UnsatisfiedLinkError on native methods that were running previously.
We are confident that the
System.loadLibrary() calls are working.  (They are in a try-catch {} block
w/ application-level tracing).
We are calling System.loadLibrary() in a static initializer block of a
class that is used by every servlet.
     Could anyone advise me on how to debug this problem?  I could really
use some advice on
how to zero in on this.
     Thanks in advance

Regards,   John Doyle

NAS Configuration Development
Bldg 660/ E200,
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Phone: 919-254-7634

No sense being a pessimist - it wouldn't work anyway.