Posted to bsf-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> on 2005/06/09 08:39:41 UTC

ad "Golden" ... (Re: Question on committing some changes...

Hi Sanka,

>> mentioned, that he wanted to remove the debugging part before going
>> Golden, but I could be mistaken) and go on with BSF 3.0 to come up with
>> a version which will be JSR-223 compliant, but opensource...
>

> BSF "Golden" .. Hmm I dont think I''v heard that before .. can anyone
> pass me any info about that pls ..

"Golden" means that a particular version of software achieved a mature
status and should be released as a "product". The present status of BSF,
if I am not mistaken is one of "Beta", ie. practically finished, but
there could still be "showstopper" errors in it, which should get caught
at this level ("alpha" is a very preliminiary version, showing off the
major planned features, most of them implemented already, but not really
tested through thoroughly).

Regards,

---rony

Re: ad "Golden" ... (Re: Question on committing some changes...

Posted by Sanka Samaranayake <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rony,

On 6/9/05, Rony G. Flatscher <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:
> Hi Sanka,
>
> >> mentioned, that he wanted to remove the debugging part before going
> >> Golden, but I could be mistaken) and go on with BSF 3.0 to come up with
> >> a version which will be JSR-223 compliant, but opensource...
> >

> > BSF "Golden" .. Hmm I dont think I''v heard that before .. can anyone
> > pass me any info about that pls ..
>
> "Golden" means that a particular version of software achieved a mature
> status and should be released as a "product". The present status of BSF,
> if I am not mistaken is one of "Beta", ie. practically finished, but
> there could still be "showstopper" errors in it, which should get caught
> at this level ("alpha" is a very preliminiary version, showing off the
> major planned features, most of them implemented already, but not really
> tested through thoroughly).

thanks for the info :)

> Regards,
>
> ---rony