Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org> on 2016/02/04 11:16:33 UTC

Re: work on ROP

On 21/01/2016 11:39pm, Dzmitry Kazimirchyk wrote:
> One of the questions here is still whether we want to go all the way and introduce changes which can potentially brake things for upgrading users or we should preserve the old HessianROPServlet and the logic around it and have a new pluggable approach as an alternative to what we currently have.

What is the reason that half the implementation is in org.apache.cayenne.rop and the other half in org.apache.cayenne.configuration.rop? Why are some http parts in org.apache.cayenne.rop.http but not all of them?

Given that we are breaking backward compatibility for people who have overridden specific bits of this, should we tidy up?

Ari

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: work on ROP

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
On 4/02/2016 9:16pm, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
> Why are some http parts in org.apache.cayenne.rop.http but not all of them?

OK, should we move just this bit then?

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: work on ROP

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
ServerRuntime is in "org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server", so "configuration.rop.client" is kind of symmetrical.

A.

Re: work on ROP

Posted by Dzmitry Kazimirchyk <dk...@gmail.com>.