Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Jens Geyer <je...@apache.org> on 2021/02/11 22:43:29 UTC

[SECURITY] CVE-2020-13949 Announcement

CVE-2020-13949: potential DoS when processing untrusted Thrift payloads

Severity: Important

Vendor:
The Apache Software Foundation

Versions Affected:
Apache Thrift up to and including 0.13.0

Applications using Thrift would not error upon receiving messages declaring containers of sizes larger than the payload. As a result, malicious RPC clients could send short messages which would result in a large memory allocation, potentially leading to denial of service.

Mitigation:
Upgrade to version 0.14.0

Credit:
This issue was reported by Hasnain Lakhani of Facebook.

On behalf of the Apache Thrift PMC,
Jens Geyer

Re: [SECURITY] CVE-2020-13949 Announcement

Posted by Yuta Kawadai <yu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for adding comments to JIRA tickets.
I was able to find these tickets.
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-5007
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-5021
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-5237