Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by kevin <ke...@leonardo.com> on 2015/11/04 16:47:24 UTC

How to tell when node has finished starting up?

I'm starting Ignite by calling IgniteSpring.start(...)

How can I tell programmatically if the node has finished start up completely
(distributed caches have finished rebalancing, services, etc)?

Thanks

Re: How to tell when node has finished starting up?

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
Kevin,

Ignite is considered to be fully started after exiting start() method.

I don't think you should rely your logic on rebalancing state (for caches
other than REPLICATED) since further topology changes will make rebalancing
process start again.

You can configure SYNC
for org.apache.ignite.configuration.CacheConfiguration#rebalanceMode and
this will ensure that initial rebalancing is finished prior to exiting
start().

Services and continuous queries started in the cluster prior to new node
start will be deployed and started locally as well.

If you need listener callback you can use LifecycleBean and process
AFTER_NODE_START
event. This event is fired after all components are fully started.

Let me know if you have questions.

--Yakov