Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Farshid Dabesh-Khoy <fa...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2003/03/30 20:14:07 UTC

ASP db connection

Dear all,

I have transferred a website from IIS/ASP to Apache/apache_asp.

I can get the ASP pages to run perfectly however I can not get them to
perform their database connections. The problem I have is that the db
connections strings reside in each and every ASP file. I can connect
through some test Perl scripts I have created and I don't want to have
to go through each ASP page and change the setting manually.

Is there a way that I could get Apache and apache_asp to behave in a way
that IIS/ASP/ADO behaves? Meaning that I won't actually have to change
every ASP page.

I am relatively new to all this and I apologise if I'm missing any
details I need to provide.

Regards

Farshid

Re: ASP db connection

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Farshid Dabesh-Khoy wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> I have transferred a website from IIS/ASP to Apache/apache_asp.
>

> I can get the ASP pages to run perfectly however I can not get them to
> perform their database connections. The problem I have is that the db
> connections strings reside in each and every ASP file. I can connect
> through some test Perl scripts I have created and I don?t want to have
> to go through each ASP page and change the setting manually.
>

> Is there a way that I could get Apache and apache_asp to behave in a way
> that IIS/ASP/ADO behaves? Meaning that I won?t actually have to change
> every ASP page.

To my knowledge there are no pure ADO ports to Perl where you get a similar
API that works about the same.  To help ease your port, you might write
some wrapper functions in a DBI layer that emulates what the functions you
call are doing.

> I am relatively new to all this and I apologise if I?m missing any
> details I need to provide.

If you provide a sample of code that needs ports, I or other could offer
how some equivalent DBI might be used to make things work.

Regards,

Josh