Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Inizan, Sebastien (CDS-VPI)" <SI...@euro.who.int> on 2005/05/04 10:51:29 UTC

Lenya 1.2.3

I just downloaded the src of lenya 1.2.3 and when I try to run ./build.sh I
get the following error:

Bad: interpreter : No such file or Directory

Is it a bug ?

Posted by Sasha Philippov <bu...@softzonenet.com>.
Thanks,
yes, after crlf fixed "sh build.sh" works. But manual says "untar, ...,
run ./build.sh" - this doesn't work until build.sh has 644 permissions.
User should "chmod 755 build.sh; ./build.sh" or use "sh build.sh". Since
tar stores (and extracts by default) permissions it is natural to have
them set properly in "unix distributions".

Re: Lenya 1.2.3

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Re: Lenya 1.2.3

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Re: Lenya 1.2.3

Posted by Sasha Philippov <bu...@softzonenet.com>.
Yes,
dos2unix build.sh

fixes it.

--
Sasha Philippov

	Softzone ltd., software and IT consulting
	Ukraine, Kiev, +380-44-2460965
	info@softzonenet.com
	http://www.softzonenet.com/

Re: Lenya 1.2.3

Posted by DI Friedrich Reichhart <se...@sdr.at>.

--On Mittwoch, 04. Mai 2005 05:41 -0400 solprovider@gmail.com wrote:

> On 5/4/05, Inizan, Sebastien (CDS-VPI) <SI...@euro.who.int> wrote:
>> I just downloaded the src of lenya 1.2.3 and when I try to run
>> ./build.sh I get the following error:
>> Bad: interpreter : No such file or Directory
>> Is it a bug ?
>
> Yes, it is a bug.  The installer does not set the *.sh files to be
> executable.  You need to run:
> chmod +x *.sh

But this is not the reason for the above error.
There are - i think - windows-characters in the blank lines which generate
this error. I had the same problem and i made the file "build.sh" new
copying the textlines in vi and then it worked.

Dipl.-Ing. Friedrich Reichhart
Geschäftsführer

--
**   Software Development Reichhart GmbH
**   A-1220 Wien, Schachnerstrasse 53

Re: Lenya 1.2.3

Posted by so...@gmail.com.
On 5/4/05, Inizan, Sebastien (CDS-VPI) <SI...@euro.who.int> wrote:
> I just downloaded the src of lenya 1.2.3 and when I try to run ./build.sh I
> get the following error:
> Bad: interpreter : No such file or Directory
> Is it a bug ?

Yes, it is a bug.  The installer does not set the *.sh files to be
executable.  You need to run:
chmod +x *.sh

(This is documented many places.)

solprovider