Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by kahon <ka...@sohu.com> on 2006/04/20 07:23:10 UTC

how to use the servicemix's Visualisation?

I am trying add dotViewEndpointListener and dotViewFlowListener element to
the servicemix.xml,but it can't work.
put in the <sm:container> element or out of it both can't work.
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: how to use the servicemix's Visualisation?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 4/21/06, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When you use standard JBI components and service assemblies, you still
> need one file that will start and configure the JBI container.  You
> should put your listeners there.
> There no simple way to add listeners at runtime.

Agreed. FWIW it would be pretty trivial to allow you to configure the
visualisers at runtime; e.g. start it in disabled mode then use, say,
JMX to enable/disable visualisations at runtime.

Kahon, we welcome patches if you fancy taking a stab at it.
http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/Contributing

--

James
-------

Re: how to use the servicemix's Visualisation?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
When you use standard JBI components and service assemblies, you still
need one file that will start and configure the JBI container.  You
should put your listeners there.
There no simple way to add listeners at runtime.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 4/20/06, kahon <ka...@sohu.com> wrote:

> Before I ask this question,I had followed instruction in
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SM/Visualisation
>
> it says:
> --------
> There is a <dotViewEndpointListener/> listener plugin which can be added to
> the <listener> element of the <container> tag
> ----------
> but i failed.
> I know y it fails,because the <listener> not <listeners>,so...
> Maybe u should update this doc at codehaus again, :)

BTW its a wiki - so anyone can - just hit the edit button at the
bottom on each page :)

I"ve just added a snippet of a real configuration to the page - to
ensure that the documentation is always inline with the code. I also
fixed that typeo

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SM/Visualisation

BTW the message exchange flow visualisation is really cool :)

--

James
-------

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/trunk/servicemix-jsr181/src/test/resources/org/apache/servicemix/jsr181/spring.xml.
It shows how to configure a listener on ServiceMix container.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet