Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com> on 1997/07/29 04:32:46 UTC

Re: anonymous CVS access

Rather than burn a lot of folks' time trying to get CVSup to work on BSDI
or getting pserver to have any sense of security, I'll work on moving
Hyperreal to FreeBSD.  Though, it's not going to be easy, there's *lots* of
legacy around here.  In the long run it'll probably be the best thing.

Anyone have any pointers or tips on converting from one to the other?
Email me privately.... I suppose I can go snoop on the freebsd newsgroups.

	Brian

"Why not?" - TL           brian@organic.com - hyperreal.org - apache.org

Re: anonymous CVS access

Posted by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com>.
On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Rather than burn a lot of folks' time trying to get CVSup to work on BSDI
> or getting pserver to have any sense of security, I'll work on moving
> Hyperreal to FreeBSD.  Though, it's not going to be easy, there's *lots* of
> legacy around here.  In the long run it'll probably be the best thing.
>
> Anyone have any pointers or tips on converting from one to the other?
> Email me privately.... I suppose I can go snoop on the freebsd newsgroups.

Might it be better to club together to buy a new box for apache.org ?
Having a machine dedicated to apache needs sure beats sharing with
the hyperreal folks. If we can't get some big corp to donate the kit
then I'd be willing to share in the cost.

cvsup is great but suffers from not having an application that makes
non-FreeBSD hackers rush out and port it. I've said it before.. Apache
could be that catalyst.