Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by David Goodenough <da...@linkchoose.co.uk> on 2009/05/06 11:30:01 UTC

What is the schedule aimed for by the CouchDB book?

I realise that in the open source world we are not running to a product
cycle, but is there some idea of a rough plan?  I am trying to understand
CouchDB and am really encouraged by what I can read already, but there
are some bits which look really interesting in the bits not available yet.

Also are there any other Open Source projects building upon CouchDB
yet?  I know there a CRM system, but that is the only one I have come
across so far.

David

BTW, I come from a Notes/Domino background, has anyone written a
conversion guide for people moving from one to the other?

Re: What is the schedule aimed for by the CouchDB book?

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On 6 May 2009, at 11:30, David Goodenough wrote:

> I realise that in the open source world we are not running to a
> product
> cycle, but is there some idea of a rough plan?  I am trying to
> understand
> CouchDB and am really encouraged by what I can read already, but there
> are some bits which look really interesting in the bits not
> available yet.

It does have a proper product cycle and the plan is to get the book out
"later this year" :)

> Also are there any other Open Source projects building upon CouchDB
> yet?  I know there a CRM system, but that is the only one I have come
> across so far.

See http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/CouchDB_in_the_wild for projects
around CouchDB.

> David
>
> BTW, I come from a Notes/Domino background, has anyone written a
> conversion guide for people moving from one to the other?

Not that I know of, but if you'd like to get a conversation started
about
that, there are some Notes guys lurking here.

Cheers
Jan