Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Adam Jack <aj...@TrySybase.com> on 2003/05/07 04:46:52 UTC

Consolidating "my changed files" into on sub-directory...

I attempted to put "all my files" into a single sub-directory (trysybase) so
when I had three gump going I could easily copy & keep things consistent. A
snippet of my profile is:

	  <!-- CVS Repository definitions -->
	  <repository href="../trysybase/repository.xml"/>
	  <repository href="../trysybase/eclipse_repository.xml"/>
	  <repository href="repository/sourceforge.xml"/>
	  <!-- server definitions -->
	  <server href="../trysybase/server.xml"/>
	</profile>

This appears to work, with the exception of these messages. Apparently some
aspect of gump isn't happy with these files outside of the normal directory.

	Publishing tsbuild1.xml
	- ../tsbuild1.xml
	Can't open ../repository/repository.xml: No such file or directory at
map.pl line 2.
	- ../repository/eclipse_repository.xml
	Can't open ../repository/eclipse_repository.xml: No such file or directory
at map.pl line 2.

Is this a bug, and my attempt is "supported"? If a bug, anybody know if it
is cosmetic, and/or if I have to copy me files back to the various
directories?

Thanks in advance.

regards

Adam
--
<http://www.try.sybase.com>
Experience Sybase Technology ...

Re: Consolidating "my changed files" into on sub-directory...

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.
Adam Jack wrote:

> Is this a bug, and my attempt is "supported"? If a bug, anybody know if it
> is cosmetic, and/or if I have to copy me files back to the various
> directories?

It is a bug and it is cosmetic.  Here's an example of what it is
attempting to produce:

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/repository_ant.html

This is in no way used during the course of the build.

- Sam Ruby