Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Yinti, Deepak" <Yi...@AETNA.com> on 2003/05/29 19:34:06 UTC

Hi All,
I am not able to get values in <HTML:OPTIONS> , I am adding values in my
Session thru Controller , but not able to retrieve it in JSP form
I put values in Session like this :-
context.setAttribute(context.SESSION,"OPTION",option);

And try to retrieve values in JSP like this :-

Am I doing something wrong , bcoz I am trying to figure this problem
since long time , but no luck
Can some body please tell me how to get values in <HTML:OPTIONS> when
the values are added to Session thru Servlet.
When I do this <%System.out.println(request.getAttribute("OPTION")); %>
I can see all the values , but not with Struts tags
Thanks in Advance
Deepak

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you
think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by
reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.  Thank you.  Aetna

Re:

Posted by Josh McCulloch <jj...@netscape.net>.
What is the error you are getting.

Your message shows you placing a variable in session scope, and then
using a scriptlet to
display a variable in request scope...

Here is some code I find helpful to better debug these situations:

Put this at the bottom of a jsp / footer:

<!--
if(com.whatever.Class.DEBUG_REQUEST)
    out.println(com.whatever.Class.getDumpContents(request);
-->

public static String getDumpContents(HttpServletRequest request)
    {
        StringBuffer content = new StringBuffer(4096);
        content.append(dumpRequest(request));
        content.append(dumpSession(request.getSession(false)));

        return content.toString();
    }

    public static String dumpSession(HttpSession session)
    {
        StringBuffer buf = new StringBuffer(1024);

        buf.append("*(HttpSession)**************************\n");

        // Append non-attribute data here

        Enumeration enum = session.getAttributeNames();
        while (enum.hasMoreElements())
        {
            String key = (String)enum.nextElement();
            buf.append(key);
            buf.append("=\"");
            buf.append(session.getAttribute(key));
            buf.append("\"\n");
        }

        buf.append("\n\n");

        return buf.toString();
    }

    public static String dumpRequest(HttpServletRequest request)
    {
        StringBuffer buf = new StringBuffer(1024);

        buf.append("*(HttpRequest)**************************\n");

        // Append non-attribute data here

        buf.append("\nAttributes:\n");

        Enumeration enum = request.getAttributeNames();
        while (enum.hasMoreElements())
        {
            String key = (String)enum.nextElement();
            buf.append(key);
            buf.append("=\"");
            buf.append(request.getAttribute(key));
            buf.append("\"\n");
        }

        buf.append("\nParameters:\n");

        enum = request.getParameterNames();
        while (enum.hasMoreElements())
        {
            String key = (String)enum.nextElement();
            buf.append(key);
            buf.append("=\"");
            buf.append(request.getParameter(key));
            buf.append("\"\n");
        }

        buf.append("\nHeaders:\n");

        enum = request.getHeaderNames();
        while (enum.hasMoreElements())
        {
            String key = (String)enum.nextElement();
            buf.append(key);
            buf.append("=\"");
            buf.append(request.getHeader(key));
            buf.append("\"\n");