Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Brian Jeltema <bd...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/01 17:00:47 UTC

linkage error using Groovy

I’m trying to get a database connection using the Phoenix JDBC driver in a Groovy script.
I’m running into linkage errors. I assume its a conflict between the xerces libraries
packaged in the phoenix-client.jar and those included in the JDK. Is there a
workaround for this?

Caught: java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation in interface itable initialization: when resolving method "org.apache.xerces.dom.NodeImpl.getChildNodes()Lorg/w3c/dom/NodeList;" the class loader (instance of org/codehaus/groovy/tools/RootLoader) of the current class, org/apache/xerces/dom/NodeImpl, and the class loader (instance of <bootloader>) for interface org/w3c/dom/Node have different Class objects for the type getChildNodes used in the signature
java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation in interface itable initialization: when resolving method "org.apache.xerces.dom.NodeImpl.getChildNodes()Lorg/w3c/dom/NodeList;" the class loader (instance of org/codehaus/groovy/tools/RootLoader) of the current class, org/apache/xerces/dom/NodeImpl, and the class loader (instance of <bootloader>) for interface org/w3c/dom/Node have different Class objects for the type getChildNodes used in the signature
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractDOMParser.startDocument(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.xinclude.XIncludeHandler.startDocument(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startDocument(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.startEntity(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLVersionDetector.startDocumentParsing(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.parse(Configuration.java:2480)
	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.parse(Configuration.java:2468)
	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResource(Configuration.java:2539)
	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResources(Configuration.java:2492)
	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getProps(Configuration.java:2405)
	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.get(Configuration.java:981)
	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getTrimmed(Configuration.java:1031)
	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getBoolean(Configuration.java:1432)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration.checkDefaultsVersion(HBaseConfiguration.java:67)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration.addHbaseResources(HBaseConfiguration.java:81)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration.create(HBaseConfiguration.java:96)
	at org.apache.phoenix.query.ConfigurationFactory$ConfigurationFactoryImpl$1.call(ConfigurationFactory.java:49)
	at org.apache.phoenix.query.ConfigurationFactory$ConfigurationFactoryImpl$1.call(ConfigurationFactory.java:46)
	at org.apache.phoenix.util.PhoenixContextExecutor.call(PhoenixContextExecutor.java:77)
	at org.apache.phoenix.util.PhoenixContextExecutor.callWithoutPropagation(PhoenixContextExecutor.java:92)
	at org.apache.phoenix.query.ConfigurationFactory$ConfigurationFactoryImpl.getConfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:46)
	at org.apache.phoenix.query.QueryServicesOptions.withDefaults(QueryServicesOptions.java:219)
	at org.apache.phoenix.query.QueryServicesImpl.<init>(QueryServicesImpl.java:36)
	at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.getQueryServices(PhoenixDriver.java:130)
	at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.getConnectionQueryServices(PhoenixDriver.java:163)
	at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixEmbeddedDriver.connect(PhoenixEmbeddedDriver.java:132)
	at org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver.connect(PhoenixDriver.java:151)
	at java_sql_DriverManager$getConnection.call(Unknown Source)
	at p.run(p.groovy:33)

Re: linkage error using Groovy

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Negative, sorry :\

I'm not really sure how this all is supposed to work in Groovy. I'm a
bit out of my element.

Posted by Brian Jeltema <bd...@gmail.com>.
Any luck with this?

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.