Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Algesten <ma...@taglab.com> on 2002/10/30 18:59:22 UTC

13040, and ServletContext.getContext()

We've agreed that the spec needs clarifying here. Unfortunatelly we can
not wait around for that since the current API is completely broken. A
ServletContext.getContext from the ROOT context currently ALWAYS returns
the ROOT context, no matter what. It is therefore impossible to
programatically forward/include anything across the webapps boundaries.

We need to do something:
My proposal is either:
A) Ignore getContext() where the incomming uri is along the lines of
/store/common/something and what the caller actually wants is "/store".
(Patch submitted in bug 13040 for that).
or
B) Remove the optimisation completely.

But I'm open to suggestions and I'm happy to implement another patch if
anyone feels it needs to be done differently. As long as we don't leave
the API broken.

Martin