Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Daryl Stultz <da...@opentempo.com> on 2018/09/27 00:34:16 UTC

Ignite Web Agent

Hello, I'm trying to run the Web Console locally using these instructions:

https://apacheignite-tools.readme.io/docs/getting-started#section-ignite-web-agent

Apache Ignite Tools Documentation<https://apacheignite-tools.readme.io/docs/getting-started#section-ignite-web-agent>
apacheignite-tools.readme.io
Apache Ignite a memory-centric distributed database, caching, and processing platform for transactional, analytical, and streaming workloads, delivering in-memory speeds at petabyte scale.

I got the docker container running easy enough, although it looks just like a "demo". Maybe that's because I don't have the agent running yet, which brings me to my problem. I can't find any place to download the Ignite Web Agent, or clone a repo or anything.

Where do I find this? Thanks.

--

Daryl Stultz
Principal Software Developer

Re: Ignite Web Agent

Posted by wt <wa...@gmail.com>.
just an fyi - the data loader for the web agent is very slow. I was getting
10 rows per second throughput and nobody on here could really provide any
assistance so we opted to write our own version of the tool that uses the
data streamer which is loading 15k rows per second with persisted storage
and 100k rows with no persistence. It also means the config file for ignite
is much cleaner with no cache specific or data source settings.

I really wish the Ignite developers would have opted for a data streamer
load mechanism in the web consoles generated project.

Re: Ignite Web Agent

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@apache.org>.
Hi, Daryl !

It seems that you were able to run Web Console from docker.
Did you managed to open it in browser?
If yes, there a link "Download agent" in footer, try to click it.
It should allow you to download a web agent that you can unpack and run
near to your cluster.

Let me know if it helps.

> --
Alexey Kuznetsov