Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Patrick Markiewicz <pm...@sim-gtech.com> on 2008/11/19 23:23:25 UTC

RE: Using Tomcat with ISAPI Redirector

Hi,
	I finally found an answer to my problem, thanks to a few posts
on the interenet.
	Here they mention the fact that NETWORK SERVICE needs WRITE
access to the directory defined by the log_file key under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector\1.0 in the registry:
http://forums.iis.net/p/1150483/1874510.aspx

	With that, I was finally able to see the behavior of redirecting
to /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll.  Thanks to an old mail post by Larry
Isaacs back in 2002.  My problem was that I had the isapi_redirect.dll
defined in both the Default Website AND the Web Sites folder in IIS.
	As Larry explains here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg55430.html

So the moral is:  When you see something like ' Default redirection of
/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll ' or ' [/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll] is not
a servlet url ' in the redirect log as if it is searching tomcat for
that resource, then you have at least 2 redirect filters defined in IIS.

Patrick