Posted to commits@openoffice.apache.org by jo...@apache.org on 2012/11/26 04:32:20 UTC

svn commit: r1413471 - /openoffice/

Author: joes
Date: Mon Nov 26 03:32:20 2012
New Revision: 1413471

Log:
mv ooo to top-level

Added:
    openoffice/
      - copied from r1413470, incubator/ooo/

Re: Our SVN moved from "incubator/ooo" to "openoffice"

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 07:57:15AM -0300, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> > It would be even more important to have a detailed description of
> > setting up a new local git repository.

Doing more tests, it turns out that if you use the NEW url to create the
git-svn clone, it will only track the history from joes commit moving
incubator/ooo to top level. I have no idea if this is fixable once
created the clone; so, if you want the previous history, the following
worked:

* use this command to clone from the old url and track all svn
  revisions:

git svn clone  \
 --trunk=https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk \
 --tags=https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/tags \
 --branches=https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/branches \
 --revision 1162288:HEAD   \
 https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk

* use this script to switch to the new url:
  http://minimalreadership.blogspot.com.ar/2011/06/svn-switch-for-git-svn-repo.html

There might be a clever way to do these, though these steps work and
preserve commits history:

[ariel@localhost trunk]$ git svn log --oneline
r1415572 | #i121079# jpegsrc-8d was moved to jpeg-8d, not just copied
r1135683 | Create the standard trunk, tags, and branches directory for the

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: Our SVN moved from "incubator/ooo" to "openoffice"

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Andre,

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 09:58:39AM +0100, Andre Fischer wrote:
> On 26.11.2012 17:07, Herbert Duerr wrote:
> >Following up to myself:
> >
> >>In case you are using git-svn please change into the directory of your
> >>git-svn clone, open the file
> >>     .git/config
> >>and find the section named
> >>     [svn-remote "svn"]
> >>in there. In the "url=" line of that section please change the
> >>"incubator/ooo" part of the URL to "openoffice".
> >
> >If you are running into problems with this simple approach please
> >use the extended instructions for the "General Case" at
> >    https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitSvnSwitch
>
> For some reason this does not work for me.  I get a
>
>     Invalid filesystem path syntax: Cannot replace a directory from
> within at /usr/lib/git-core/git-svn line 5653
>
> after changing
>     url = https://af@svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk
>     url = https://af@svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk
>
> in .git/config
>
> Does anybody has step by step instructions on how to switch a local
> git repository.
>
> It would be even more important to have a detailed description of
> setting up a new local git repository.  I understand that that has
> become more complicated as well, if you want to access the "old"
> history.  I really don't want to go back to use svn directly.

I had the same issue, I solved it with
http://minimalreadership.blogspot.com.ar/2011/06/svn-switch-for-git-svn-repo.html

Note that my .git/config is

[svn-remote "svn"]
    url = https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf
    fetch = openoffice/trunk:refs/remotes/trunk
    branches = openoffice/branches//*:refs/remotes/*
    tags = openoffice/tags//*:refs/remotes/tags/*

Before applying that solution, the fetch, branches and tags had
incubator/ooo instead of openoffice.

IIRC I cloned it in the first time with this command:

git svn clone  \
--trunk=https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk \
--tags=https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/tags \
--branches=https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/branches \
--revision 1162288:HEAD   \
https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk

Note that pure git clones from this local git-svn repo where broken
after applying the solution, I had so many merge conflicts that it was
easier to create a new clone from the fixed git-svn and apply the
patches (git format-patch, then git am).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: An official Git-Mirror?

Posted by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>.
On 30.11.2012 11:37, Herbert Duerr wrote:
> On 30.11.2012 09:58, Andre Fischer wrote:
>> It would be even more important to have a detailed description of
>> setting up a new local git repository.  I understand that that has
>> become more complicated as well, if you want to access the "old"
>> history.  I really don't want to go back to use svn directly.
>
> It would all be much simpler if we had an official git-mirror [1] of
> our svn-repository. Before filing an issue for this I'd like to get
> consensus on that, even if only lazy consensus.
>
> [1] http://www.apache.org/dev/git
>
> For the requested infos I suggest:
> - Name of the codebase: "Apache OpenOffice"
> - Name of the requested Git mirror: "openoffice.git"
> - Subversion path of the codebase: "openoffice" (was "incubator/ooo")
> - Subversion layout: this is a tricky one, as we have the standard
> "trunk, branches, tags", but also top-level directories such as
> devtools, ooo-site, pmc, site, symphony, and trunk-orig. I'm inclined
> to ignore these extra directories for our git mirror.

+1

This would make my life so much better.

-Andre

Re: An official Git-Mirror?

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
On 02.12.2012 11:17, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 30/11/2012 Herbert Duerr wrote:
>> It would all be much simpler if we had an official git-mirror [1] of our
>> svn-repository.
>
> OK, this will also make contributing easier for the new developers who
> know only git, since they will be able to checkout (clone) only trunk,
> branches and tags and submit patches with git format-patch. So they
> won't need to learn (or endure, depending on the individual
> inclinations) SVN to help.

One problem could be that we are not using a standard layout, not only
because of the extra directories such as ooo-site, trunk-orig, etc. but
also because we have both one- and two-deep directory levels in
branches/ such as branches/AOO34/ and branches/alg/aw080/. Eventually
these have to be consolidated to e.g. alg_aw080.

The status of the Git-Mirroring request can be followed at

Herbert

Re: An official Git-Mirror?

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 30/11/2012 Herbert Duerr wrote:
> It would all be much simpler if we had an official git-mirror [1] of our
> svn-repository.

OK, this will also make contributing easier for the new developers who
know only git, since they will be able to checkout (clone) only trunk,
branches and tags and submit patches with git format-patch. So they
won't need to learn (or endure, depending on the individual
inclinations) SVN to help.

Regards,
   Andrea.

An official Git-Mirror? (was: Our SVN moved from "incubator/ooo" to "openoffice")

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
Following up to myself:

> In case you are using git-svn please change into the directory of your
> git-svn clone, open the file
>      .git/config
> and find the section named
>      [svn-remote "svn"]
> in there. In the "url=" line of that section please change the
> "incubator/ooo" part of the URL to "openoffice".

If you are running into problems with this simple approach please use
the extended instructions for the "General Case" at
	https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitSvnSwitch

Thanks for the feedback, Oliver-Rainer!

Herbert

Re: Our SVN moved from "incubator/ooo" to "openoffice"

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> CMS stuff won't work til I upgrade the
> paths- sorry, that won't be til tomorrow.

Hi Joe, how is this looking?

-Rob

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> CMS stuff won't work til I upgrade the
> paths- sorry, that won't be til tomorrow.

OK.  That's good to know.

Please let us know when that upgrade is done.  I have some pending
website changes related to the SVN move that I'd like to publish.

Thanks!

-Rob

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

On 11/26/2012 03:47 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Did you check in the changes via Subversion or via the CMS?  If you do
>>> it via Subversion you need to click the "update" link to force the CMS
>>> to fetch the latest files from SVN.
>>

>> I did it with subversion. But usually when I do this and commit, I can bring
>> up the staging copy, and assuming the build is done, can see the changes on
>> staging. I don't even use the "update" link. (???)
>>
>> Or alternatively. if I use "Easy Publish", I use "Diff" to see the changes
>> in staging before publishing.
>>
>> Maybe someone else can try to publish something to the new project web site
>> location, and have different results. If so, please share what you did.
>>

> So I just tried to make a change via the CMS web interface.  When I
> tried the quick commit I got this error message:
>

> Error
>
> The operation is forbidden by the server: Commit failed (details
> follow):: Changing file
> '/usr/local/cms/wc/ooo-site/robweir-1STUF7/trunk/content/index.html'
> is forbidden by the server: Access to
> '/repos/asf/!svn/txr/1413943-uw56/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/index.html'
> forbidden at /usr/local/cms/webgui/lib/ASF/CMS/WC/Commit.pm line 64
>
> Is it pointing to /incubator/ooo still ?

Yes, the old site is locked for changes this way -- i.e. navigating
using the CMS bookmarklet. It's not the "pointing" that I'm concerned
with right now, though that is an issue also long term, but right now, I
don't think a "new" site is established.

You can see where these actually live, if you log in with to
people.apache.org, and go to "/www".

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
[top posting]

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org>.

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
#rob:

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 12/11/2012 12:40 AM, schrieb Daniel Shahaf:
> Marcus (OOo) wrote on Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 22:56:31 +0100:
>> Strange, all my "entries" files are still pointing to the incubator URL.
>>
>> @Herbert:
>> Do you have another idea? Or do I have to really checkout all stuff
>> again? Not a big thing but I would like to avoid this. ;-)
>
> The 21st line after a formfeed will contain the incubator URL in new
> working copies too.  Don't worry about implementation details please ---
> if 'svn info' and 'svnversion' give the right output, you're fine.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Marcus

Re: Our SVN moved from "incubator/ooo" to "openoffice"

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 12/07/2012 12:10 AM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Marcus (OOo)<ma...@wtnet.de>  wrote:

>>> So our locations in the SVN repository were moved as discussed last
>>> week. Thank you, Joe!
>>>
>>> Here are the instructions to switch your checkouts to the new location:
>>>
>>> In case you are using SVN natively please change into the directory
>>> where your checked out AOO and run
>>> svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk
>>> there. If you are not working on trunk you have to replace "trunk" by
>>> the branches/bname (with bname being the branch name you are interested
>>> in), of course.
>>>
>>> In case you are using git-svn please change into the directory of your
>>> git-svn clone, open the file
>>> .git/config
>>> and find the section named
>>> [svn-remote "svn"]
>>> in there. In the "url=" line of that section please change the
>>> "incubator/ooo" part of the URL to "openoffice".
>>

>> I've a problem to switch to the new repo.
>>
>> The checked-out code is here:
>>
>> <local_path>/asf-ooo/ooo-site/trunk
>>
>> When executing:
>>
>> svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk
>>
>> then it's working some minutes. But when opening the following file to check
>> it:
>>
>> /share/daten/svn/asf-ooo/ooo-site/trunk/.svn/entries
>>
>> then I've still the old reference with:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk
>>
>> So, what am I doing wrong?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>
> Marcus ---
>
> When I did this, I noted problems with my "entries" file as well. What
> I discovered it that the .svn/entries for "content" and the other
> sub-areas were OK, but not the top-level, trunk.
>
> You might check this as well. Since I never check IN the entire trunk,
> I don't think this will matter --we're mostly in "content".
>
> I have no other further information than this.
>
> Let us know what you find out. I thought maybe it was something I did wrong.

Strange, all my "entries" files are still pointing to the incubator URL.

@Herbert:
Do you have another idea? Or do I have to really checkout all stuff
again? Not a big thing but I would like to avoid this. ;-)

Thanks

Marcus

Re: Our SVN moved from "incubator/ooo" to "openoffice"

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.