Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Joe Calderon <ca...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/28 19:01:09 UTC

faceting ordering

curious...is it possible to have faceted results ordered by score?

im having a problem where im faceting on a field while searching for
the same word twice, for example:

im searching for "the the" on a tokenized field and faceting by the
untokenized version, faceting returns records with "the the", but way
at the bottom since everything with a single "the" happens to be way
more frequent, i tried restricting my search to phrases with small
slop:

myfield:"token1 token2 token3"~3

but that affects other searches negatively, ideally i want to be as
loose as possible as these searches power an auto suggest feature

i figured if faceted results could be sorted by score, i could simply
boost phrases instead of restricting by them, thoughts?

--joe

Re: faceting ordering

Posted by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com>.

> curious...is it possible to have faceted results ordered by score?

First, I am not sure what that means. Score of what? Documents? If yes, how
do you think the same should influence faceting?
Second, there are only two ways you can sort facet values on a field. More
here - http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters#facet.sort

If you can further elaborate on your use case, you might get better
solutions for the problem at hand.

Cheers
Avlesh