Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU> on 2000/07/17 06:29:04 UTC

Re: http://www.apache.org/docs/ messed up

>I suppose this is a result of the recent CVS migration.
>http://www.apache.org/docs/ is looking really bad
>at the moment.

Yep, it was checked-out at the wrong module level.  Ken, htdocs and
manual are two separate entities -- they really don't even belong in
the same CVS module.  Personally, I'd even distribute them as a
separate directory (like icons).

For now, I've moved the docs dir to docs-ken and checked-out 1.3/manual
as docs.  I'm not sure if this is entirely correct either, since there
are many differences between it and the docs-old directory.

....Roy

Re: http://www.apache.org/docs/ messed up

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Yep, it was checked-out at the wrong module level.

Oy, my bad.  Thanks, Roy; I've been on a plane most of the day.

> Ken, htdocs and manual are two separate entities -- they really
> don't even belong in the same CVS module.  Personally, I'd even
> distribute them as a separate directory (like icons).

I won't argue -- but neither was I about to do anything more
innovative than I did.  Now that the docs are separate, we
can figure out how better to organise them.

> I'm not sure if this is entirely correct either, since there
> are many differences between it and the docs-old directory.

That should be correct.  I suspect it's been a long time since the
site/docs directory was updated.
--
#ken    P-)}