Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Rita <rm...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/20 02:48:08 UTC

hdfs log question

I know in the logs you can see 'cmd=open' and the filename.  Is there a way
to see the closing of the file?
Basically, I want to account for the total number of megabytes transferred
in hdfs.  What is the best way to achieve this?
Running 0.21 btw

Re: hdfs log question

Posted by Rita <rm...@gmail.com>.
I am guessing I should change this in the file.

log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop = DEBUG

Do  I need to restart anything or does the change take effect
immediately?  Some examples in the documentation would help immensely.

Re: hdfs log question

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hello,

--