Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Craig Rodrigues <cr...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/20 17:16:45 UTC

v1-10-test branch reports wrong version

I created a requirements.txt with one line:

git+
https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow@v1-10-test#egg=apache-airflow[celery,crypto,emr,hive,hdfs,ldap,mysql,postgres,redis,slack,s3]

I then did:

1.  create a virtual environment
2.  pip install -r requirements.txt
3.  airflow webserver

When I look at the version in the web interface, it shows a version of:

2.0.0.dev0+incubating

even though I used the v1-10-test branch.  This seems wrong.

It ooks like these two commits got merged to v1-10-test branch which bump
the version to 2.0:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/commit/305a787
https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/commit/a30acaf

That seems wrong for v1-10-test branch.

It would be nice if this version was 1.10.0.dev0+incubating (or whatever),
since it looks like I will need to deploy v1-10-test branch to prod this
week,
and then very soon after when 1.10 is released, re-deploy airflow 1.10.

Thanks.
--
Craig

Re: v1-10-test branch reports wrong version

Posted by Craig Rodrigues <cr...@gmail.com>.
See:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/3389

--