Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by David Sanders <da...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/14 07:34:19 UTC

JSR-170 TCK use of Repository.getDescriptor

The TCK for JSR-170 Final Release
(http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr170/index.html)
checks for level 2 and optional features by comparing
Repository.getDescriptor to null.  According to the
spec and javadoc, getDescriptor must return either
"true" or "false" for the "capability" keys.

Example in AbsractJCRest.java:

        // setup custom namespaces
        if
(helper.getRepository().getDescriptor(Repository.LEVEL_2_SUPPORTED)
!= null) {
            NamespaceRegistry nsReg =
superuser.getWorkspace().getNamespaceRegistry();

I think the above if statement should be:
       if
(helper.getRepository().getDescriptor(Repository.LEVEL_2_SUPPORTED)
.equals("true"))

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: JSR-170 TCK use of Repository.getDescriptor

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi David,

thanks a lot for reporting this issue. you are right, these kind of
checks are wrong in the test cases. I've created a jira issue:

regards
  marcel