Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ulrich Vachon <ul...@vidal.fr> on 2008/02/12 13:56:04 UTC

Inverted letters

Hi all,

It's possible to use simplely (without java preprocessing, if possible)
Lucene to find items with this constraints:

I have indexed this word : clamoxyle
I want to find it with this queries : claomxyle, clamoxile, camoxyle.

It is possible?

Thank you,
Ulrich.

Re: Inverted letters

Posted by Patrick <pa...@gmail.com>.
Did you take a look at the
org.apache.lucene.analysis.ngram.NGramTokenFilter? Or other ngram
implementation? Works great for us.

Patrick

Re: Inverted letters

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You should probably think about synonym analyzers, both at index
time and query time. Because I think you have a problem here....

Let's say you can do what you ask, at query time transform
any of your three options into "clamoxyle". Would it really
be satisfactory to your users to then NOT get any matches on
documents containing "claomxyle" or "clamoxile"? It seems to
me that this would be unsatisfactory.

Erick