Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tushar Chavan <tu...@hotmail.com> on 2011/01/24 18:16:45 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache for Multiple web Servers on One Public IP

Hi Experts,
We have one Apache server ( apache1 ) with public ip  & three web servers . ( www.srm.com , https://newsrm.com:50000/irj , http://oldsrm.com:50000/irj )
All these three websites provide diff. content so I can not load balance between them.
Please let me know , how can we configure Apache to pass requests to these three web servers.
Best Regards,Tushar

Re: [users@httpd] Apache for Multiple web Servers on One Public IP

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Tushar Chavan
<tu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Experts,
> We have one Apache server ( apache1 ) with public ip  & three web servers .
> ( www.srm.com , https://newsrm.com:50000/irj , http://oldsrm.com:50000/irj )
> All these three websites provide diff. content so I can not load balance
> between them.
> Please let me know , how can we configure Apache to pass requests to these
> three web servers.

Give your 1.3 server's Ip address three hostnames (not an Apache
task).  Create three name-based virtualhosts, with a ProxyPass
directive in each one.

If you want to pick a backend using different criteria, you'll have to
state that criteria.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com