Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@apache.org> on 2022/09/16 16:44:31 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Druid 24.0.0 release

The Apache Druid team is proud to announce the release of Apache Druid
24.0.0.
Druid is a high-performance analytics data store for event-driven data.

Apache Druid 24.0.0 contains over 300 new features, performance
enhancements, bug fixes, and major documentation improvements from 67
contributors. 24.0.0 is a significant milestone with new ground-breaking
capabilities - Multi-stage query engine and nested columns.

This release also includes
 - completely revamped query view in the web console.
 - official support for Java 11 and experimental support for Java 17.

Source and binary distributions can be downloaded from:
https://druid.apache.org/downloads.html

Release notes are at:
https://github.com/apache/druid/releases/tag/druid-24.0.0

A big thank you to all the contributors to this milestone release!

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Druid 24.0.0 release

Posted by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@apache.org>.
Hello everyone,
As you might have noticed, there is also a change in the versioning scheme
in the 24.0.0 release. Starting with this release, we have dropped the
leading 0 from the release version and promoted all other digits one place
to the left. Druid is now at major version 24, a jump up from the prior
0.23.0 release. In terms of backward compatibility or breaking changes,
this release is not significantly different than other previous major
releases such as 0.23.0 or 0.22.0. We are continuing with the same policy
as we have used in prior releases: minimizing the number of changes that
require special attention when upgrading, and calling out any that do exist
in the release notes. For the 24.0.0 release, please refer to the Upgrading
to 24.0.0 section
<https://github.com/apache/druid/releases/tag/druid-24.0.0#24.0.0-upgrading-to-24.0>
for a list of backward-incompatible changes in this release.

Please reach out to druid community <https://druid.apache.org/community/> if
you have any questions.