Posted to user@ant.apache.org by query <se...@rediffmail.com> on 2007/06/14 10:18:08 UTC

cvs export issue in ANT

When I tried to export new revision file from cvs, it is not replacing old file with the new file. It is showing the below error and continues.

[cvs] cvs export: move away E:\ANTBUILD\eg\sample.java; it is in the way
[cvs] C E:\ANTBUILD\eg\sample.java

To export the new file, old file needs to be deleted first and then cvs export command is to be run.
Is there any way to overwrite old file by checking timestamp as it does in <copy> task?

Re: cvs export issue in ANT

Posted by Chris Velevitch <ch...@gmail.com>.
If you're trying to update an existing working directory use update.

I use export whenever I'm building a system for deployment or testing,
so I always create a new directory empty. Helps pickup issues like
forgetting to check files I've changed.

--
Chris Velevitch
Manager - Sydney Flash Platform Developers Group