Posted to dev@community.apache.org by tison <wa...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/19 09:03:25 UTC

SPDX identifiers in Apache projects

Hi,

Recently I notice the SPDX identifiers format defined by the Linux
Foundation for machine
processing of license information based on the SPDX License Identifiers
that are here available:
http://spdx.org/licenses/.

I can see that all of Apache project use it's own License header
template[1] and curious what's
the suggestions on using SPDX identifiers in Apache projects. Can an Apache
project adopts both
conventions? Is it encouraged or acceptable a general project using Apache
License using the
SPDX identifiers as license header?

Best,
tison.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/skywalking-eyes/blob/eb0e0b091ea41213f712f622797e37526ca1e5d6/assets/header-templates/Apache-2.0-ASF.txt

Re: SPDX identifiers in Apache projects

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Or after?

Gary

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "kezhenxu94@apache" <ke...@apache.org>.

Re: SPDX identifiers in Apache projects kinetics what up))/))09

Posted by Michael Sokolov <ms...@gmail.com>.
Lillopplllopoplllpolplkllklllllppo lol lllopoo