Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> on 2016/08/04 11:58:44 UTC

CouchDB 2.0 Release Candidate 3

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to announce release candidate 3 (three) of CouchDB 2.0 \o/

Up top on http://couchdb.apache.org/release-candidate/2.0/

Testing documentation here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BtndYr-0KDQTqBSLVdJoR_8C5ObYjT1RBo_Qyh5ykdQ/edit

Changes since RC2:

0b88400 update tests for COUCHDB-3084
e5e540f Fix dev/run: "content" should be "contents"
6415cd1 Remove incorrect logfile sed attempt in dev/run
4f6d586 Don't set "authenticated" property in _session unless we authenticated
99be496 [couch_log] Add format character for process exit traces
1ad1f0f Bump couch_replicator for rep_start_pids items arity fix
449aa87 Bump couch_mrview dep
7c66e23 Bump couch dep for logging fix in unit tests
6a2ffe5 Bump chttpd to fix multi-query type overrides
b424a4a Bump chttpd dep for logging updates
80dfcd5 Fix logging for eunit tests
7b3f5d0 Merge branch '3067-make-couch-log-smarter'
f7823b8 Use new couch_log version
094ceae Add EPL to LICENSE for trunc_io modules
4c972ab Add config file notes for new logging options
7777595 Remove lager and its dependencies

A milestone not exactly noticeable from the commits: Fully working Windows Build curtesy of Joan πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ β€” Thanks so much! Link forthcoming.

Joan and Klemens: start your machines for the Windows build of RC3 and the Docker image respectively, thanks! :)

* * *

As a reminder from last time: A few things that we have to do during the RC-phase:

- double, triple, and quadruple-check all LICENSE and NOTICE files to adhere to ASF policy and to make sure we don’t pull in any incompatible licenses (e.g. *GPL) as dependencies.

- docs: make sure we get docs.couchdb.org up to speed with 2.0 so it makes sense to people who get started. This is mainly adding cluster bits, as most of the rest stays the same.

- blog post series: is going well, thanks everybody! <3

- integrate the new logo everywhere (fauxton, docs, installers, website)

- prepare website update (should make big splash about cluster and replication, and replication-family projects)

- update breaking changes docs

- update deprecations warnings and docs
  - specifically, Alexander Shorin is working on pulling together a 1.7.0 release, that should include any deprecation warnings for things that are gone in 2.0 and onwards (either temporarily or permanently). We should get 1.7.0 out at the same time or before 2.0. β€” Alexander, what’s the state here?

Best
Jan

Re: CouchDB 2.0 Release Candidate 3

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.
Windows build is ready!

  https://atypical.net/mm/couchdb-2.0.0-rc3.msi

Also have one failing test in couch_log_writer_file_test, have reported it
as COUCHDB-3092.

-Joan
> Docker image for 2.0-RC3 is building on docker hub atm.
>
> docker run -it klaemo/couchdb:2.0-rc3
>

>> Am 04.08.2016 um 13:58 schrieb Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I’m happy to announce release candidate 3 (three) of CouchDB 2.0 \o/
>>
>> Up top on http://couchdb.apache.org/release-candidate/2.0/
>>
>> Testing documentation here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BtndYr-0KDQTqBSLVdJoR_8C5ObYjT1RBo_Qyh5ykdQ/edit
>>
>> Changes since RC2:
>>
>> 0b88400 update tests for COUCHDB-3084
>> e5e540f Fix dev/run: "content" should be "contents"
>> 6415cd1 Remove incorrect logfile sed attempt in dev/run
>> 4f6d586 Don't set "authenticated" property in _session unless we authenticated
>> 99be496 [couch_log] Add format character for process exit traces
>> 1ad1f0f Bump couch_replicator for rep_start_pids items arity fix
>> 449aa87 Bump couch_mrview dep
>> 7c66e23 Bump couch dep for logging fix in unit tests
>> 6a2ffe5 Bump chttpd to fix multi-query type overrides
>> b424a4a Bump chttpd dep for logging updates
>> 80dfcd5 Fix logging for eunit tests
>> 7b3f5d0 Merge branch '3067-make-couch-log-smarter'
>> f7823b8 Use new couch_log version
>> 094ceae Add EPL to LICENSE for trunc_io modules
>> 4c972ab Add config file notes for new logging options
>> 7777595 Remove lager and its dependencies
>>
>> A milestone not exactly noticeable from the commits: Fully working Windows Build curtesy of Joan πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ β€” Thanks so much! Link forthcoming.
>>
>> Joan and Klemens:

Clemens: s/K/C/ πŸ™ˆ Sorry!

Jan

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
> On 04 Aug 2016, at 15:19, Clemens Stolle <cl...@fastmail.com> wrote:
>
> πŸ‘πŸΌ
>
> Docker image for 2.0-RC3 is building on docker hub atm.
>
> docker run -it klaemo/couchdb:2.0-rc3
>

>> Am 04.08.2016 um 13:58 schrieb Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I’m happy to announce release candidate 3 (three) of CouchDB 2.0 \o/
>>
>> Up top on http://couchdb.apache.org/release-candidate/2.0/
>>
>> Testing documentation here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BtndYr-0KDQTqBSLVdJoR_8C5ObYjT1RBo_Qyh5ykdQ/edit
>>
>> Changes since RC2:
>>
>> 0b88400 update tests for COUCHDB-3084
>> e5e540f Fix dev/run: "content" should be "contents"
>> 6415cd1 Remove incorrect logfile sed attempt in dev/run
>> 4f6d586 Don't set "authenticated" property in _session unless we authenticated
>> 99be496 [couch_log] Add format character for process exit traces
>> 1ad1f0f Bump couch_replicator for rep_start_pids items arity fix
>> 449aa87 Bump couch_mrview dep
>> 7c66e23 Bump couch dep for logging fix in unit tests
>> 6a2ffe5 Bump chttpd to fix multi-query type overrides
>> b424a4a Bump chttpd dep for logging updates
>> 80dfcd5 Fix logging for eunit tests
>> 7b3f5d0 Merge branch '3067-make-couch-log-smarter'
>> f7823b8 Use new couch_log version
>> 094ceae Add EPL to LICENSE for trunc_io modules
>> 4c972ab Add config file notes for new logging options
>> 7777595 Remove lager and its dependencies
>>
>> A milestone not exactly noticeable from the commits: Fully working Windows Build curtesy of Joan πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ β€” Thanks so much! Link forthcoming.
>>
>> Joan and Klemens:

Clemens: s/K/C/ πŸ™ˆ Sorry!

Jan

Posted by Clemens Stolle <cl...@fastmail.com>.
πŸ‘πŸΌ

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
> On 04 Aug 2016, at 14:01, Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 2:58 PM, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>>  - specifically, Alexander Shorin is working on pulling together a 1.7.0 release, that should include any deprecation warnings for things that are gone in 2.0 and onwards (either temporarily or permanently). We should get 1.7.0 out at the same time or before 2.0. β€” Alexander, what’s the state here?
>
> Slowly in progress, I think we'll have something on this weekends. Stay tuned!

Awesome, thank you! :)

Jan

Re: CouchDB 2.0 Release Candidate 3

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 2:58 PM, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>   - specifically, Alexander Shorin is working on pulling together a 1.7.0 release, that should include any deprecation warnings for things that are gone in 2.0 and onwards (either temporarily or permanently). We should get 1.7.0 out at the same time or before 2.0. β€” Alexander, what’s the state here?

Slowly in progress, I think we'll have something on this weekends. Stay tuned!

--

Re: CouchDB 2.0 Release Candidate 3

Posted by Clemens Stolle <cl...@fastmail.com>.
πŸ‘πŸΌ