Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Garlapati Sreeram Kumar <sr...@live.com> on 2016/12/06 22:01:42 UTC

proton-j reactor: UnresolvedAddressException in onConnectionBound codepath

Hello There!

We use Proton-j AMQP library and built a library atop (https://github.com/Azure/azure-event-hubs-java) Proton-j Reactor.

While running our clients for long duration (like 2-3 days on a Windows x64 machine) we notice that Reactor thread dies with error java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException at IOHandler.java>handleBound(…) – while trying to perform socketChannel.connect(…).

While this error is a RuntimeException – I noticed that this could very well happen while our code is running for hours and then, if there is very small network outage (which lasts for ~5 seconds).

So, is it possible to handle this Exception and raise the ON_TRANSPORT_ERROR event in reactor? or any other solutions welcome…
Let me know – I can send a PR too…

Thanks!
Sreeram

Re: proton-j reactor: UnresolvedAddressException in onConnectionBound codepath

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like it could be the same as
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-1346 ?