Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Dok, D. van" <d....@ecn.nl> on 2001/03/30 15:31:22 UTC

problem with namespace?

Hi,

I couldn't find the answer to the following problem:

I installed Apache Soap 2.0 and deployed the AddressFetcher service from the
samples. I use tomcat. The GetAllListings method works fine. But none of the
other methods work.

This is what I get on the command line of the client:

% java samples.addressbook.GetAddress http://p2249/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
'dennis'
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Client): A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a:
'faultcode' element.

This is what I see in TCP tunnel:

POST /soap/servlet/rpcrouter HTTP/1.0
Host: p2249:8070
SOAPAction: ""

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:getAddressFromName xmlns:ns1="urn:AddressFetcher"
<nameToLookup xsi:type="xsd:string">dennis</nameToLookup>
</ns1:getAddressFromName>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

HTTP/1.1 400
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 13:30:07 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) Debian/GNU mod_jk PHP/4.0.3pl1

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<SOAP-ENV:Fault>
<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode>
<faultstring>Unable to resolve namespace URI for 'xsd'.</faultstring>
<faultactor>/soap/servlet/rpcrouter</faultactor>
</SOAP-ENV:Fault>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Any help is welcome.

Dennis van Dok

PS I'm behind a firewall, does that matter?