Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Pete Wright <pw...@rubiconproject.com> on 2014/02/06 22:55:37 UTC

MVN Repos Removed?

Hey All,
	I am building a vagrant environment via hello-samza and am running into
this issue when i spin up an instance:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project samza-wikipedia: Could not
resolve dependencies for project samza:samza-wikipedia:jar:0.7.0: Could
not find artifact org.apache.samza:samza-api:jar:0.7.0 in
apache-releases (https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/public) ->
[Help 1]

This process was working last night, so I created a new clean
environment and got the exact same results.  What is odd is other
artifacts are downloading w/o issue (so i know networking is good):

Downloaded:
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/scala-tools/org/slf4j/slf4j-api/1.6.2/slf4j-api-1.6.2.jar
(26 KB at 28.5 KB/sec)
Downloaded:
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/scala-tools/org/codehaus/jackson/jackson-core-asl/1.8.5/jackson-core-asl-1.8.5.jar
(223 KB at 198.1 KB/sec)
Downloaded:
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/scala-tools/org/codehaus/jackson/jackson-mapper-asl/1.8.5/jackson-mapper-asl-1.8.5.jar
(652 KB at 494.9 KB/sec)

I dug deeper and it looks like the .../org/apache/samza directory is
missing.  For example I would expect this to work:

http://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/public/org/apache/samza/

Please let me know if I am doing something dumb here :)

Cheers!
-pete

--
Pete Wright
Senior Infrastructure Engineer

Re: MVN Repos Removed?

Posted by Pete Wright <pw...@rubiconproject.com>.

On 02/06/14 15:12, Chris Riccomini wrote:
> Hey Pete,
>
> Samza is not currently in maven central (or Sonatype). We haven't done a
> release yet, and haven't setup SNAPSHOT builds either.
>
> Instead, what we do right now is do a release to your m2 cache located in
> ~/.m2. This can be achieved with:
>
> git clone http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-samza.git
> cd incubator-samza
> ./gradlew -PscalaVersion=2.8.1 clean publishToMavenLocal
>

> You'll then see ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/samza.

ah ok i must have done that that yesterday then forgotten that step
today.  i'll give that a spin shortly.

thanks for the response!

cheers,
-pete

Re: MVN Repos Removed?

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@linkedin.com>.
Hey Pete,

Samza is not currently in maven central (or Sonatype). We haven't done a
release yet, and haven't setup SNAPSHOT builds either.

Instead, what we do right now is do a release to your m2 cache located in
~/.m2. This can be achieved with:

git clone http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-samza.git
cd incubator-samza
./gradlew -PscalaVersion=2.8.1 clean publishToMavenLocal

You'll then see ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/samza.

Cheers,
Chris