Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2014/05/02 18:26:06 UTC

Explict version numbers instead of ranges in pom.xml

Hi,
Are there any opposition to using explicitly dependency version numbers?
Occasionally, I would get errors like the below:
Failed to collect dependencies at junit:junit:jar:[4.10,4.10]
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.resolution.VersionRangeResolutionException: No versions available for junit:junit:jar:[4.10,4.10] within specified range

In principle, I think it's nice to have explicit behavior otherwise, it can be hard to reproduce errors if we allow version ranges....
There were only 3 places in the pom.xml that allowed ranges, so I was planning to update those unless anyone has strong objections to it...

--Pei

RE: Explict version numbers instead of ranges in pom.xml

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
+1