Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Juan Isern <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/19 07:07:04 UTC

Re: Cross field validation in a component

Inheriting from AbstractField and doing something like this finally worked
wonders for me:

    @Override
    protected void processSubmission(String elementName) {
        formSupport.defer(new Runnable() {
            public void run() {
                // do validations, commit values, etc.
            }
        });
    }

That's a pretty solution and works okay. Note that defer() has to be invoked
in processSubmission(), otherwise it won't work