Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Thet Naing Soe <tn...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/29 10:52:56 UTC

How to read meta from ms words file

Hi,

I am a user of Apache POI API. I would like to extract metadata from
microsoft word 2007 docx file. I couldn't find how to extract metadata from
docx file. I would like to extract metadata such as "author" from docx file.
How API shoud i use to extract? The following is my code to extract text
from ms 2007 docx file.

                InputStream is = new FileInputStream (filePath);
                XWPFDocument docxToRead = new XWPFDocument(is);
                XWPFWordExtractor xwe = new XWPFWordExtractor (docxToRead);
                String fullText = xwe.getText();

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Thet Naing Soe

Re: How to read meta(Owner) from ms words file

Posted by Hanuman <hk...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I want to read Owner of a file. Let me know how to do this.

Thanks
Hanuman
mail Id: hkaryampudi@gmail.com

Re: How to read meta from ms words file

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010, Thet Naing Soe wrote:
> I am a user of Apache POI API. I would like to extract metadata from
> microsoft word 2007 docx file. I couldn't find how to extract metadata from
> docx file.

Take a look at POIXMLPropertiesTextExtractor - that shows you how all the
different kinds of OOXML metadata work:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/ooxml/java/org/apache/poi/POIXMLPropertiesTextExtractor.java

Nick